If you answered 30 minutes, read on!
For some time now, personal fitness trainers have conducted hour-long training sessions for their clients – even their senior fitness clients. This is a great idea in an ideal world. But with the hustle and bustle of everyday life, the increase in unfit people, and many other factors, an hour no longer seems to be the best option. Because of this and other factors, I have adopted a different approach and offer shorter exercise sessions for my clients, seniors included.
Here are some reasons I don’t conduct hour-long training sessions for my clients:
1. Folks over 50 usually tolerate 30-45 minutes much better than longer exercise bouts
2. Fitness results are easily obtained in less than an hour at a time
3. No one feels like time is being wasted
4. One is more apt to commit to an exercise program knowing the sessions are only 30 minutes long as opposed to an hour or more
5. It is easier to remain focused and therefore be successful in 30-45 minutes
6. Unnecessary chatting is eliminated when time is of the essence
7. Science has shown that a half hour is ideal for strength gains or aerobic improvement
8. Sometimes trainers “waste” time during hour sessions by talking more than having the client train – this causes a delay in results and a dependency on the trainer
I have trained both athletes and de-conditioned clients using 30-45 minute sessions and have always been able to help them reach their health goals in a timely fashion.
To date, no one has requested longer sessions. By the time their 30 minutes is over, they report feeling amazed at how much was accomplished, surprised at how intense yet achievable the work was, and pleased they could feel the difference right away.
Getting results quickly is worth the time and effort you apply. It’s much less daunting when you consider only spending 30 minutes working toward your goals. Because I come to you in your home, you don’t have to worry about travel time and other time-eating factors. I arrive, we begin. How much easier can it be?
For your FREE consultation to find out how simple and affordable it is to reach your health and fitness goals, click here to contact Julia Johnson with Life in Motion Fitness in Chandler, Gilbert, Sun Lakes, Tempe, Mesa and other East Valley locations of Phoenix, Arizona.